Merger and acquisition activity has increased dramatically. Fueled in part by new levels of ACA-induced complexity, some benefits advisors are selling their practices and leaving the business. Others are taking a different view and finding opportunities to join forces with other practices to create new practice models that deliver incredible value to their clients.
In this episode of The ShiftShapers podcast, we interview Brett Rosen, Executive Vice President of Mergers & Acquisitions at Digital Benefit Advisors. We begin our wide-ranging interview by exploring the most important things driving the M&A wave. Brett offers his expertise and opinions on the advantages some firms find by becoming a part of a larger organization.
Finally, we touch on the steps that agencies and their owners can take today if they think merging or being acquired might be a future strategy. We also discuss the other side of the equation: what to look for if you want to purchase another entity.
Complexity is going to continue to deepen as our industry undergoes transformative change. Learn how and why this strategy might help you to survive and thrive.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The drivers in the recent uptick in M&A activity.
- How PPACA has impacted the process.
- The advantages to merging.
- The steps agencies can take today if they think a merger or acquisition might make sense in the future.
- What to look for if you want to be the a purchaser.
Featured On The Show:
Listen To The Full Interview:
This Episode is Sponsored by:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes (here’s how)
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!